Letting your property is a serious business whether you are an experienced investor landlord or a private individual letting your home for the first time. At Capricorn Properties we take this responsibility seriously and treat each property as if it were our own. We understand that your property is a valuable asset, and often a treasured one.

Our active on and offline marketing campaigns ensure that applicants always receive up to date and relevant information on our properties and owners are assured that they are getting exposure in the appropriate areas of the market.

If you want sound impartial advice from the experts then you've made the right choice. We offer all our landlords a high quality service and the best advice based upon our extensive knowledge and experience of the property rental market.

Request Callback

We are always looking for rental property to match our database of waiting tenants.

Listed below are some of the Frequently Asked Questions we find landlords normally look to ask.

  • Do I need permission before I rent out my home?
    If the property is subject to a mortgage, consent is normally required from the lender.
  • Do I need to pay income tax?
    This will depend upon your circumstances but income from property in Ireland must be declared to the Revenue Commissioners. Landlords can claim personal allowances against income from property and husbands and wives may decide to opt for separate taxation. Expenditure incurred in connection with letting can be offset against income and a wear and tear allowance may be granted in the case of furnished properties. It may be prudent to take independent financial advice in connection with your tax affairs.
  • How long should I let for?
    There are various types of tenancy but most lettings are for a twelve month period.
  • Do I need to furnish the property?
    9/10 tenants do not own their own furniture and therefore seek fully furnished properties.
  • Do I need to insure the building and contents?
    Landlords are normally responsible for insuring the property and Capricorn Properties recommend landlords also insure their contents. We can arrange a policy specifically designed for rented properties.
  • Who is responsible for repairs?
    The landlord is required to keep in repair the structure and exterior of the property together with installations for supply of water, gas, electricity and sanitation, and to keep in proper working order installations for space and water heating. Our rapid maintenance response team are on hand 7 days a week 365 days a year and can be relied upon to provide timely and cost effective remedial works as required.
  • Are there any other safety issues?
    Landlords have a duty to ensure that the premises, fixtures, fittings and appliances are safe. Capricorn Properties recommend that appliances which burn fossil fuel such as gas, coal or oil should be serviced regularly.

Contact us to rent out your property